Feeding God’s Starving Children Hungry in Body and Spirit
MobilePack Event Fund Raising – Strategies for Success
1) Organize a “Consume Less” campaign: Encourage people to eat out less, buy less coffee, rent a movie, etc., and then donate the saved dollars to the MobilePack event. The most successful “Consume Less” campaigns run 4-6 weeks and culminate with a ceremony/celebration where people/families bring in their savings and donate it towards the packing event. Incorporating messages from the pulpit regarding hunger, stewardship, and blessing the poor can increase the effectiveness of the campaign
2) Benevolence and
Mission Fund giving: Ask your church!
3) Corporate Sponsorship Program: Invite your employers to sponsor the MobilePack event, or to donate $60/employee volunteer (the cost of the meals each volunteer will pack). Sponsors would be publicized at the event.
4) Special Events: Organize a rummage sale, bake sale, hunger banquet, lemonade stand, etc.
5) Initiate a
Project: The basic concept is to give away small amounts of the raised funds to individuals or groups (typically $20 to $100), tasking them to pray on how to multiply the funds for the Kingdom, specifically the mobile packing event. Once individuals have prayed and created an idea and the funds are used to execute their Kingdom Building Project. Kingdom Building Projects have successfully resulted in turning a few hundred dollars into thousands. Kingdom Building
General Fund Raising Ideas
· Distribute M&M Tubes.
· Set a Monetary Goal; feed a child for a year ($88), feed 1,000 children for a day ($240). A great goal for a group coming to pack is to purchase one box of meals apiece (216 meals costing $52), which is approximately the number of meals each individual packs per session.
· Adopt an Orphanage; commit to feed a group of children for a year. Post a calendar where church members sign up to pay for a day of meals (for example, $48 to feed 200 children).
· Create Competition; ask a Sunday school class to collect Coins for Change or Change for Change.
· Have a Hunger Banquet; plan a hunger banquet with proceeds going to Feed My Starving Children. Ask me about speaking at the event or showing an FMSC video.
· Conduct a Hunger Campaign; ask people to list the food they eat for a week, and then serve a FMSC-like meal such as rice prepared with soup mix. Invite people to give up a meal and donate that money to the MobilePack event. Challenge families to eat only rice for one meal each month or week, donating to the MobilePack event what otherwise would have spent. (To learn more, visit http://www.ricedinner.org/.)
· Collect Pledges; collect pledges based on quarters collected or meals packed at Feed My Starving Children or a MobilePack event, or random activities, such as laps run during PE class, books read during a designated month, bible versus memorized, bible pages read, etc.
· Tribute Cards; I have these available, email firstname.lastname@example.org to requrest one.
· Buy T-Shirts; buy Feed My Starving Children T-shirts ($15 apiece) to wear at the MobilePack event, 25% of purchase will go to the MobilePack event.
· Change War; conduct a change war challenge among classes or groups; donating pennies awards points to a class or group, while coins other than pennies count against the class, students can sabotage other classes by putting quarters, dimes, nickels or dollars in the other classes' coin jars.
· Sunday Designation; designate a Sunday at church when every member of the church, children through adults are encouraged to buy a bag of food to feed six people for a day. Take a special collection or have children stand at the doors with baskets. Further, encourage each person to bring a donation for the local food shelf.
· Work; bag groceries, rake leaves, wash cars or shovel snow for a donation
· Create Events; all-school race, talent show with a $5 entry fee, bake sale, pancake breakfast, bingo night, dance-a-thon, bike-a-thon, walk-a-thon, bowl-a-thon, or some other a-thon.
· Create Awareness; special booth at the school carnival
· Have a raffle or auction.
· Your Own Creative Idea!